Friday 21 September 2007

more unexpected money

i can feel it. if nothing else changes (ha), i can feel that my life is just so much better being happy all the time. fortunately, some other things *are* changing. bonus!

work is getting weird. i decided the other day that work was easy. all the stuff i had to come across would be easy. and it now is. i am developing solutions much more quickly than before. and today i finished something early, went to the next item on the list, and someone else had done it for me! to be fair, i had solved a problem for them out of the blue, but i didn't expect something else to be ticked off my list. score!

the other day just for fun, i thought 'wouldn't it be nice to have a promotion? i'd really like a promotion.' the truth is i wouldn't really like to be promoted to a management position. i am going to find "my thing" and go be ridiculously wealthy, and free to be with the kiddies all day. for now, though, i'm happy enough telling a computer what to do and when to do it. very empowering. but i digress. the cool thing is that i was called up later that day, and asked if i would like to be made deputy role-call person for my group (it's a fire drill thing). would i?! well that's *kind* of a promotion. . . it was then that i decided the universe has a sense of humour.

on to other subjects. how about a follow up to yesterday's unexpected cheque? on the way home *today* i was sitting there in my i'm-really-driving-a-roadster posture, even though i really love my yaris. and i was thinking it would be truly fantastic to get *another* cheque in the post today. and i expected it, and i was thankful for it.

so i got home, checked the mail. there was no cheque. there was a bill. but i thought 'let's play a game. this could be anything. it could be notification that we don't have to pay anything this month.'
wait for it. . .
the statement was informing me of a credit balance, carried over to next month's bill. OH YEAH!!!!!!! that's the kind of mailing i like! i'm going to keep that baby in my visual space for oh so long! this is DEFINITELY a universe thing *because* i definitely didn't pay the bill and my husband is really confused as to how we're in credit. and when he turned to me he said "why are you smiling at me so strangely?" i wanted to say "BECAUSE I KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED!"

okay, time to prepare for an awesome tomorrow. it just keeps getting better and better.

No comments: