Sunday 16 September 2007

it begins

a bit of background, to begin with. i was born into a family with a very definite religious lineage. my grandpap's grandpap's grandpap (one of 'em, anyway) was there with that guy who found some buried plates and translated them to a companion to the bible, which we all know was just too short anyway. then they all moved west and had multiple wives and you know what i mean. that was my heritage. although the multiple wives thing had stopped long before i came along. (please know that if you're reading this and want to argue about whether it had stopped or not, i just really don't care that much, and there are others that do - argue with *them*).

then i went to college and decided i preferred sleep to church, and then got married to someone who wasn't even in to the idea of church at all, which was mostly fine with me.

and over the years, although the seats had become more comfy, i nonetheless drifted further and further away from the idea that i should really drag my substantial butt to church. i didn't believe anymore that diet coke was damning my soul, or at least if it was, i was going to have some good company.

then i lived in hawaii and met someone who steered me in the direction of reiki by getting rid of my HUGE toothache with it. you don't argue with toothaches. well, i don't. and that was cool. i reiki'd myself some parking spaces. this one chick at ala moana mall actually walked to the next aisle, waved to me from my waiting position where she could not have seen me, and indicated that she was about to leave. now THAT'S parking spot delivery!!! thank you reiki!

and i reiki'd myself away some back pain and some headaches and some back pain for other people. i even reiki'd myself a phone call about a job!

but there's always been that 'oh, i don't know it, could be the coincidence factor' theme floating around my head.

i'd come across Abraham-Hicks during a reiki II workshop. i felt like i ought to look into it, and got the intro cd. i loved it, but i still wasn't quite getting it. i was trying to create myself a pile of happiness and money while still thinking how fat i was, how rich i wasn't and how much my partner was annoyed at me. what a great combination. needless to say that wasn't working.

then my friend sent me some tapes. so i started listening to the tapes on an infinite loop in the car. and it has been wonderful. it's been almost a year now, and i go through cycles of listening to them, thinking everything's wonderful and coming to me, and then i listen to some other music for awhile and eventually forget the juice. i don't entirely forget it; i am making baby-steps with this new philosophy, but old habits die very hard.

i now ask the universe for parking spaces. and i ask for comfy seats at starbucks and to merge into traffic properly and could my son please not wake up so early. that last one really never has worked because i'm usually half asleep, not in the gratitude mode. but still, it's only a low-level flow of abundance i've got going on - or so i thought.

what have i been really wanting since i left hawaii? a house. a car.

the perfect house came to me. the perfect car came to me. both in very easy ways. almost ridiculously easy.
we were having a hard time with the house we were bidding on. then i had an instinct to go see a house around the corner. it was in our price range, roomy rooms (yes, that amuses me too), ready to go, and just around the corner! our bid was accepted that afternoon!
i wanted a toyota, and i wanted to pay only £100/month for it. my yaris (now i can say 'hey everyone, look at my yaris!' (say it quickly to get it)) jumped out at me from a citroen dealership. it was £28/week. i said 'oh i really am only looking to pay £100/month'. dealer dude says 'i can do that.' YAY!

i had been wanting to see The Secret, but it wasn't until i had a series of phone calls with let's-just-say-a-person calling up to ask what to do about things that weren't going her way. i just said 'well, ma, (oops, sorry ma!) this is the way *i'd* do it', and then i'd talk through the situation with my new Abraham thought patterns. she then said 'gosh you sound a lot like The Secret'. i said i'd never seen it but i wanted to.

so the cds arrived in the mail. and ever since then, they have been playing on an infinite loop in the car.
and WOW - how has my life changed? well that is what this blog is going to track.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hi Holly

Just read how you started with the Law of Attraction. Gosh!!! so jealous about you living in Hawaii (a digression-I know!). Altho' I am British, I married in Maui, and my dream manifestation is to buy a home there. But enough about me.
I was interested to to read that you "got" it with the Abraham teachings. I still don't connect with the Esther Hicks writings. I seem to lose the thread (or the will to live!) very quickly. Did you listen to their CD's or was it purely by listening to the CD's of The Secret? I've got The Secret DVD. Maybe I should get the CD's?? Would love to hear your view.